Tuesday, January 27, 2009

short bio

so you want to know a bit about me eh?
well ... i consider myself a mixed media artist
i am not content to only limit myself to oil
sticks and crayons or graphite and charcoal
and im always looking or finding stuff that i
incorporate into my paintings...
i seem be attracted to: baroquish wallpaper
funky fabrics old typeface any kind of maps
diagrams i dont understand candy wrappers
old pieces of metal and complicated textures
i think my work is all about colour and form
the paintings reflect my environment
popular culture and an ongoing fascination
with lake ontario the variations of greys and
blues air and water i went to art
school in the okanagan beautiful british
columbia i seem to work in series ... my latest
ones being... positive ground... places i have not been ...
power lines/lines of power... and feeling better
writing about my work is not easy for me and
i really am not fond of doing stuff on a computer
i am recently enjoying experimenting with
encaustic embedding and embossing
i enjoy making messes and will continue
to paint as long as i can hold a brush and
people tell me my work makes them happy
making work that is ambiguous
serious and simultaneously happy
are my ultimate painting goals

No comments: